Ultimate Warrior Brush One

SOLD

It was 1992. A handful of weeks before Survivors Series and the emergence of The Ultimate Maniacs, Macho Man and Ultimate Warrior as a tag-team. As history shows, that emergence never happened. The true story of what actually took place is a great story.

This image, which I’ve painted with a brush (my first time using a brush as the tool on one of my Fine Art pieces instead of my customary knife ), was taken at a photo session in Phoenix just as this great Survivors Series story was beginning to unfold.

I’d been on the road for a few weeks and when I made it back to Phoenix (home at the time) the office had an all day photo shoot scheduled. Vince knew where to reach me. In this picture, I’d just gotten off the phone, waiting for the photographer to reset the lights for the next shots, and was sitting on a stage contemplating what Vince and I spoke of. One of the assistants, off to the side, snapped it without me knowing.

Vince’s problems with the feds were heating up and he was really beginning to sweat. He was plotting something that I knew was not just mischievous but malicious, and I also knew when the shit hit the fan there was only one ass he was interested in protecting. His own. In a fashion true to my Ultimate Warrior gimmick, he would sacrifice others.

A picture is worth a thousand words, the old saying goes. And this one, here, definitely is. Maybe a few thousand.

I’ve been working again on my book.

Been pulling out and putting together all the files and materials of work that I’ve done on and off for years. I’ve got some notebooks of writing that go back to the early ‘90’s and, of course, as I’ve said before, I’ve always kept journals. It’s time. Many things had to still play out before it was time for me tell my story. Now, they have.

Everybody in this business who had something to say (at least, for the sake of a quick buck, they thought so) has gone on the record, about themselves — and me and my career. Most of them talking smack and telling lies.

Now, its my turn to tell the truth.

I’ll keep you posted on things as they progress.

My art pursuits will continue alongside my work on the book.

This 9×12 art piece is available to anyone who may be interested. The image above is linked to a few more images of it. Send me a comment ( I will see it privately) or an email.

Your Founding Father of Life Intensity,

Always Believe,

Warrior

Comments
22 Responses to “Ultimate Warrior Brush One”
  1. Dennis Yuhasz says:

Great painting Warrior! The story behind it sounds so interesting. I cant wait to hear more! How much is the painting?
    Dennis Yuhasz

2. James says:

I absolutely cannot wait until this book comes out!

3. chris dunn says:

warrior,
    i have been a follower for years…i still remember when you beat hogan for both belts.

i love the pic man, i will ask how much, but i know i wont be able to afford it. but just know that the warriors are still alive and well. i took mine to the fight list. i am a professional sword fighter. you are one of the reasons i love to entertain. if your ever in michigan, it would be an honor to meet you

a warrior for life,
    chris dunn.

4. Lyn Powell says:

I found it disgusting how Vince put you down for doing what he asked. A bum like Chris Jericho making fun of your promos…Your character was great. He was the “Neon Conan” I have and always been your fan. Lyn Powell

5. Joseph says:

First of all, i was a big fan of yours when i started watching wrestling back around 90 or 91(times where wrestling was cool now it kinda sucks to me anyway). When do you think you will release your book? I have a few other wrestler’s books 2 of them about Hulk Hogan. Another on Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels and Triple H. Just about every wrestler i read about or listened to has different stories on something. It’s amazing but still very interesting. Anyway i can’t wait to read about your side of things. Take care.

6. This is truly a great picture.You are still the very best in my book Warrior.YOU ROCK!!!I have one of yoyr comic books & I treasure it.

7. Jason says:

I can’t wait until the book is released, i’d love to read it…

Keep up the great work Warrior,

-Jason.

8. Kevin says:

Thanks Warrior! Can’t wait for your book!

9. Bryan says:

Hey Warrior

This is a great Painting excellent work! I’ve been a Warrior fan for quite sometime, ever since I was a kid, the first match I saw of yours was against Hulk Hogan at Wrestlemania VI! Anyway, just curious if you were aware that the Ultimate Warrior character is being used in the brand new WWE video game “WWE All Stars”, just curious as to what your thoughts are on WWE using your character in their video games. If they are using your character you should get royalties, its not my business if you are, but you deserve them if so, considering how much money you made Vince! -Thanks for your time a fan-Bryan

10. A.Standifer says:

Warrior,
    Just wanted to make this short and sweet, yet take the time to tell you how much I appreciate your work. I have been a fan of yours since I was a child and have never forgotten your intensity you brought in everything you do. I am now 27 and a Sheriff’s Deputy in TN. Even today I continue at home, at work, and at the gym to reach inside and channel those Warrior powers to provide the motivation I need. You inspire me and other recently new Warriors I have introduced to you. Also cannot wait for the book, I know its gonna be great!
    Always Believing,
    A. Standifer

11. RayRay says:

Awesome painting. Very interested in it.

12. Rick Albrecht says:

Both your art work and philosophical tidings have been inspirations to me and shared with my co-workers from time to time. Keep it up, kind of stupid to say that having seen what you are and have been. Looking incredibly forward to book.

Take care

A Warrior Mind and a Warrior Soul

Rick

13. Javier Aldape says:

Thats some huge and great news!!i always tought that you should write a book about your career and philosophy of life wich i find very inspirational.

14. James says:

I for one cannot put into words how anticipated your book is! And people said Bret Hart’s was the best wrestling book there ever will be! I think yours will be much better, as finally people, not just your loyal fans, will have the chance to read and know the truth – not just the distorted ‘truth’ Vince and his paid cronies have been shovelling for years now. It’s such a shame Vince screwed you in ’92 and used yourself, and Davey Boy Smith, as scapegoats to cover his ass. Ultimate Maniacs could and would have been an amazing tag team, and should have got you the WWF tag titles to add to your achievements. But sadly Vince put Vince first before the greatest ever character and persona and superstar he ever had – Ultimate Warrior! I know this is a long shot asking or thinking, but please Warrior, come back to the WWE(F) and wipe theat arrogant smirk off the lame Miz’s face and show the fans what a legendary champion looks like! OR, how about a match against Vince (like he’d agree to it though!) NOT a laughable match like Bret had against Vince though, as that was embarassing to watch – a match where you simply beat his ass in true Warrior fashion and show him once and for all he cannot control you and that you are not his bitch like the rest of his wrestlers – you have a mind, soul and spirit totally unique and totally your own! Always believe!

15. Marcia Valenzuela says:

Marcia Valenzuela says:
    I wanted this painting… but I may have posted my comment in the wrong spot. I have never done this before and am new to all of this. If my comment posted under warrior wisdom I apologize, I wanted with this painting. see the attached comment. Thank you again.

April 2, 2011 at 2:01 pm I am and was a long time fan. I now dont even watch wrestling, have moved on in life, and for some reason was thinking about you today and typed your name into the google search. I found this web site and a wikipedia on you. I am glad I read them and now know what happened to you and am happy for your life results.
    I wish you the best in all your endeavors, and GOD’s Blessing in your life. You don’t mention Him much, so I don’t know your religious beliefs, but you should know that God is in Control, and that all your blessings come from Him whether you believe in Him or Not, He believes in you. ALWAYS BELIEVE… but BELIEVE in the Goodness of His Love and Mercy in your life and you will experience life as it was meant to be… ETERNAL.
    I am interested in this painting, how much is it?
    I too am an artist of sorts, I enjoy painting but am not very good at it. I like this piece because it’s you when noone was looking… or so you thought. /////////it’s just you being you…I would love to have a copy of it.
    Please email me with the info, I am struggling financially and may not be able to afford it, but I am interested. Thank you for a million memories of a great character, and may God Bless YOU- the real man behind the paint….

16. Shawn says:

This book NEEDS to happen. You have always told it how it is and I can’t wait to hear it all told, by you, in your words (Please for the love of god don’t do it through a ghostwriter. Your writing style can’t be matched by someone doing a work-for-hire), without some smarmy smart-mark passively/aggressively insulting you while you try to give an interview.

17. Dear Warrior,

I’m a die hard fan of yours and always have been, since I was a kid. I’m 32 years old now, will be getting WWE Wrestlemania XXVII tonight and was really wishing and hoping you would be there in some way, which I hope you will be anyway to prove me & others wrong. I also was hoping to see you inducted into the WWE Hall Of Fame this year & last. But I out of all of some people do understand if or for whatever reason that you back out. I will definitly be purchasing your new book when it’s available.

I would really love to see a new produced 3 or 4 Disk DVD set of Ultimate Warrior as well. [WCCW, WWF/E, WCW, NWE & MORE] To where you choose what will be on it, Not WWE or anybody else.

Maybe title it:

The True Ultimate Wrestling Career & Story: Power, Destiny & Ring Intensity of The Ultimate Warrior.
    Disk 1: Story & Singles Matches (Including Championships),
    Disk 2: Tag Team Matches & Other Unreleased Matches (Including Championships),
    Disk 3: Extras/Bonus Material of Interviews, Commercials, Funeral Parlor, Jake & Warrior Storyline, Ending Brother Love Show, One Warrior Nation & Lots More.
    I & fans could tell you all matches we loved & remember?

“The” Ultimate Warrior & “Red Rocker” Sammy Hagar are my #1 heroes of all time. Rock & Wrestling go together so well. Maybe you and Sammy could put together a album & wrestling show too, Themed by Sammy & performed in ring by Warrior. It’s so good to be true I guess, But never say never right?
    I will ALWAYS BELIEVE! Thank You for all the years of Intense Ring Power!
    Danny Wissert

18. william says:

wow, i have loved you since i was about 9 adn im now 7.I would never in a thousand years have imagined you to be so isightfull and deep,thank you so much for creating this site, i would love a copy of this picture

19. Lord Kayoss says:

This is a great piece, Mr. Warrior. And I’m very intrigued to learn of your new book. That is a story I’d love to sit down, turn off technology, and read. Will definitely be on the look out when it’s released.

Much Respect,
    ~LK

20. Cody says:

This is awesome news. I’d love to read a behind the scenes as well as autobiographical book. Umm… some things I’d really like you to dispell, explain, or talk about are the rumors that you were selfish, egotistical, abusing amphetamines, dangerous, couldn’t wrestle/work, why you kicked out the three different times, what involvement you actually had in your storyline/did you get to choose any of your feuds, were you like brothers with any of the other wrestlers, who were the most dangerous guys you faced [in terms of actually hurting you in some way], your fave/least fave matches, what you think of Papa Shango, Hogan back in your SNME days, Vince personally and business wise[try not to get sued, though], etc. Just some ideas for your book if you need to beef up a chapter or something.

Btw, I think if you won the match against Sgt. Slaughter, it would’ve been better than Hogan, because it was building up to be an epic win for you. I mean, normally you’d win because you were given a big push, but this match imparticular would’ve had a crowd cheer so thunderous you might still feel the deafening effects of it.

Lastly, I’m not sure if you are or were back then, but you shouldn’t be mad that that picture was taken without your knowledge. That is a VERY intense photo, so much so that you can almost read what you were thinking.

21. Jason says:

Beautiful portrait. Sometimes the best photographs are always the ones that are taken when you dont even know it. Nice job on the painting you really hit it out of the ballpark and certaintly captured the moment. I wish I could throw a price at you in regards to owning it however now is not that time recently purchasing a house and starting a new business. However I did want to comment on it. I see a man at a possible crossroads. A man who will not sacrific his self worth and realizes he’s playing a game with a piranha however the Ultimate Warrior’s no guppy and will go toe to toe in any fight to right a wrong. Is this the the end of Ultimate Warrior in sports entertainment? WWF? For now likley but it doesnt matter. A new chapter is about to be written. New goals to accomplish. A man who never needed to ask anyone can I do this. A man who is about believing and doing. Not wishing and hoping.

22. kimberly says:

jason, amen on everything that you have just said! and for those that hate on the warrior, they are just jealous because he actually had the balls to stand up for what he thought was right! right or wrong, or whatever!